Had a quick trip to see Dr. Gonzales on Monday...
Everything still looking great! Dr. Gonzales made me promise to be extra good this week as she will be out of town from Wednesday till Sunday. So...I have been staying horizontal for the most part.
This pregnancy has been such a roller coaster. First, we had to worry about losing a baby. Once that risk was passed we had to start worrying about preterm labor. This is ongoing until I actually have them but starting a few months ago I had to worry about my cervical length. Now that I am past 30 weeks, I have to worry about cervical softening and dilation. Ugh...always a worry!
Monday after checking me, she said my cervix was softening (normal) but no dilation. Ultrasound showed that the boys are doing well and had good heart rates. She also said that next week she will schedule my c-section. Most likely it will be set for May 4th. I guess it could change depending on the hospital and neonatal scheduling. That date is right at 36 weeks so WHEN (not IF) I make it that far...it looks as if I will have some good sized boys (6+lbs.) She also said that if they are that size and have no problems, it is likely that they will be released when I do. I guess that is when the real FUN begins. eek!
So far I am not totally miserable...YET. But I know that I am bigger now than I was with Peyton when I went in to have him. I'm pretty sure my belly is growing daily if not hourly. Bode likes to take up residence right under my rib cage which causes me to get out of breath several times a day and I know I have feet kicking me or stretching against me on the right side. Not so comfortable. These days they are either using my insides for a boxing bag or making broad movements. They are almost always in different positions every week at my ultrasounds. I'm certainly not surprised at all that the are "movers and shakers." Following in the footsteps of their older brother for sure.
Several of you have asked how Peyton is taking all this. I think he is in the same boat as we are. It's really hard to imagine and wont seem totally real until they are here. He talks about his brothers often and says he loves them. He can tell you their names if you ask him. I have a feeling that Cooper will never be Cooper...he will be "Coopee." It really is adorable!
31 Week appointment on Monday. Preparing for more good news! (fingers crossed)
Please keep in your prayers that I can hold these boys in till May!
Everything still looking great! Dr. Gonzales made me promise to be extra good this week as she will be out of town from Wednesday till Sunday. So...I have been staying horizontal for the most part.
This pregnancy has been such a roller coaster. First, we had to worry about losing a baby. Once that risk was passed we had to start worrying about preterm labor. This is ongoing until I actually have them but starting a few months ago I had to worry about my cervical length. Now that I am past 30 weeks, I have to worry about cervical softening and dilation. Ugh...always a worry!
Monday after checking me, she said my cervix was softening (normal) but no dilation. Ultrasound showed that the boys are doing well and had good heart rates. She also said that next week she will schedule my c-section. Most likely it will be set for May 4th. I guess it could change depending on the hospital and neonatal scheduling. That date is right at 36 weeks so WHEN (not IF) I make it that far...it looks as if I will have some good sized boys (6+lbs.) She also said that if they are that size and have no problems, it is likely that they will be released when I do. I guess that is when the real FUN begins. eek!
So far I am not totally miserable...YET. But I know that I am bigger now than I was with Peyton when I went in to have him. I'm pretty sure my belly is growing daily if not hourly. Bode likes to take up residence right under my rib cage which causes me to get out of breath several times a day and I know I have feet kicking me or stretching against me on the right side. Not so comfortable. These days they are either using my insides for a boxing bag or making broad movements. They are almost always in different positions every week at my ultrasounds. I'm certainly not surprised at all that the are "movers and shakers." Following in the footsteps of their older brother for sure.
Several of you have asked how Peyton is taking all this. I think he is in the same boat as we are. It's really hard to imagine and wont seem totally real until they are here. He talks about his brothers often and says he loves them. He can tell you their names if you ask him. I have a feeling that Cooper will never be Cooper...he will be "Coopee." It really is adorable!
31 Week appointment on Monday. Preparing for more good news! (fingers crossed)
Please keep in your prayers that I can hold these boys in till May!
No comments:
Post a Comment