Wednesday, March 17, 2010

29 Week Update

Just a quick update since I'm really feeling the need to rest after a long morning at the Dr. office.

Last week I had a little bit of negative news...my cervix had shortened considerably (viewed by ultrasound.) After Dr. did a physical exam, she thought that I was in better shape than what showed on the ultrasound. No funneling or dilation either. Soo...I was pretty anxious to see what Dr. Rowe (the specialist) would say this week.

The specialist ultrasound appts are getting worse and worse. Ugh...I get sick almost immediately. For several reasons: the boys are putting a lot of pressure on my stomach/intestines and lungs, also the blood circulation is cut off a bit by laying on my back on the hard table and they press on my belly pretty hard. Ugh...it's pretty darn miserable. The tech had a hard time seeing every leg, organ, etc. just because they are so squished in there now. But...she was able to see the important things..heart, head/brain and bellys etc.

So get this...I am 29 weeks and between the three, I have over 9 pounds of baby in there.

The stats:
Cooper 2lbs, 13oz
Greyson 3lbs, 1oz
Bode 3lbs, 5oz

They think the weights might be slightly off and that they may weigh a little more than the ultrasound show. WOW!

Dr. Rowe also said that I am doing awesome and that it is totally possible for me to make it to 35-36 weeks. If so, he estimates that the boys with weigh 6+ pounds at birth. So...that's my goal...I don't want itty bitty babies. 6 pounds is small enough for me!

Back to Dr. Gonzales next Monday...

Will keep ya updated.


PS: No pics this week...I was too sick to even care about getting a good shot.

No comments:

Followers