Seven or so ant bites (just on the hand) later, this is what Cooper looked like. I guess we learned the hard way that he is allergic to them! Ugh!

He never cried or showed any discomfort...thank goodness! We called Jason's brother Jamie (who is a Pharmacist) and also the our Pediatricians answering service (it was Good Friday) and they gave us instructions on how much Benadryl to give him. The answering service instructed us to wait 30+ minutes to see if there was improvement..if not we were going to have to make a visit to the ER. Within an hour he was still splotchy but so much better! Praise the Lord!
**UPDATE** Per Doctors orders, we now have EpiPens and keep Benadryl in the diaper bag, at home, at Grans, etc, etc. I'm pretty sure Greyson has the same allergy to insect bites. His mosquito bites make big whelps. But I'd rather not find out the hard way!
No comments:
Post a Comment