Thursday, February 18, 2010

24 Week Update

Well...I know I havent updated lately but the last couple of appointments were quickies and we didn't get good pics. (These boys are movers and shakers already.)

I went to my monthly specialist (Dr. Rowe) appointment on Tuesday, February 16th.

Good news first: The boys look awesome! This was the appointment where they focused on the hearts but they also re-checked everything else. Hearts look great...brains are developing perfectly...all other organs are perfect too. Yay! I noticed and commented that their legs looked long. The tech and Doctor both said they are and that they are big boys. I am 24 weeks, 5 days and they are measuring 25 weeks, 3-4 days. Baby A is weighing 1lb 9oz, B - 1lb 11oz and C - 1lb 12oz. So I have almost 5 pounds of baby already. He specifically asked again how much Peyton weighed at birth and where they would be playing ball. When we said Edna, he asked if they were any good. Jason said no, I stood up for the Cowboys though and said they have their good and bad years. The Dr. said..."well, in about 14 or so years they will have an awesome team with all four of the McCarrell boys." lol Wouldn't my Dad be proud? The little guys have moved around a bit. I think A is still head down but B is breach. (It could be the other way around though.) So basically, one has their little rear in the others face. Nice huh! C is still up on top, head on my left side, booty in my ribs and feet kicking the breach guy in the head. Babies A & B are constantly kicking and or punching my bladder and other organs down there...what a weird feeling. When they checked my cervix via ultrasound, baby A (I believe) had his hands on or around my cervix. I guess that's the weird feeling I have felt way down there. ick!

Bad news: Dr. Rowe put me on bed rest. Booo! I had a gut feeling that he would do that because Dr. Gonzales (my regular Dr.) warned me that he might request that. After checking my cervix, he verified that I needed to be on my back. My cervix has changed a little bit, nothing to be too concerned about just yet but I need to be resting. This is day two and I am already bored! We brought my laptop and wireless internet over here ( here, being Moms...we have been here since the renovation gso I'd have something to do other than watch tv. I am missing my Direct TV and DVR but it's ok. (Mom only has cable.) I guess the only neat thing about laying down all the time is that I am really feeling the boys move. A&B had must have had a knock down, drag out last night. They were kicking/punching so much that it hurt me. I think C was taking a nap because he didn't move much. I'm sure this will be the story of my life; Lots of rough housing.

Anyway, Dr. Rowe advised that I start seeing Dr. Gonzales once a week and also to have my cervix checked that often as well. He recommended that I start taking extra calcium along with my prenatal vitamins. The said these boys are taking all the nutrients out of my body that I am putting in. He recommended me to take 6-8 pills a day. (the equivalent of 33 glasses of milk) My next appointment is next Tuesday and I also have to have my glucose test done too. Yuck!

Soooo...that's about it. The ultrasound pictures might start getting worse than better as the boys grow. They are starting to get squished in there. We did see some really cute shots of them as they did the ultrasound. I can't wait to see what they look like and I hope much like our handsome Peyton.

Baby Boy A

Baby Boy B

Baby Boy C

No comments:

Followers