Wednesday, November 18, 2009

And then there were FOUR!

Good news...I'm pregnant. Great news...I'm pregnant with TRIPLETS! Really, I'm serious! It was a shock to us too.

We found out that we were pregnant early, well, at my first missed period. We decided not to tell publicly until we were 12 weeks along or after my first ultrasound just to be safe. I was scheduled for my first ultrasound to check measurement on 11-17-09 but on Monday the 10th, I had some cramping and spotting. It worried me a little so I called the Dr. She said to just monitor it and set up a walk in ultrasound for Tuesday, 11-11. To be perfectly honest, I was pretty confident that I was going to get in there and they wouldn't be able to find a heartbeat or something else equally devastating. I told Jason just to stay home and pick up Peyton from school.

So...they started with my ultrasound. First thing I saw was two babies. I turned my head away from the screen in shock and was about to ask. The ultrasound tech then said, "Are you on fertility drugs?" I said "no, but I just saw the screen, how many is it?" She said, "I see three!" I'm not totally sure what I said next and it might not be appropriate to blog. lol But lets just say I was in total shock. I mean, how often does this happen naturally, without fertility drugs? Umm...like one in like a million.

I got home and showed both my Mom and Jason the ultrasound pictures. Both thought it was twins until I pointed out Baby A. Jason lips went white and had to sit down. ha! It was pretty comical to hear peoples reactions when we made our phone calls.

So...I am proud to show you The McCarrell Triplets first pictures:



Babies A, B & C. B & C are identical twins.


Baby A
Baby B
Baby C
As shocked and scared as we still are, we realize and feel very blessed that God has chosen us with this beautiful miracle.

No comments:

Followers