On 10-27-11 the boys went for their 18 month appointment with Dr. Dentler. At this point they were almost 19 months but hey...its hard enough to get one slot at a Dr.s office, instead we need three all at once!
The boys did great and Dr. Dentler was very pleased with them. It was the first time they cried with him (other than for shots) and he said that was totally OK. Before that, he was shocked at just how calm they are. I didn't have many questions for him other than just verifying nobody that was behind and he said they are right where they should be...and even better since they were two months premature. (Both physically and cognitively)
![]() |
| Not the best picture but it was about all that they were allowing. |
I had been hearing that soon, it could be estimated how tall they would be someday. And of course, I'm curious...I asked him about that and he said there are several "formulas" for predicting size, all of which he doesn't like to use. He said that 5ft8in is the mid range (50%tile) on the chart. So as of now, the boys are around the 50% range and we know they will at least be that tall. But he also said that being preemies, he does not expect them to catch up to their true growth/size until puberty. So then I asked about Peyton. This child has been in the high 90's (percentile) in weight and height since birth. Dr. Dentler says he expects him to be all of 6ft 4in. I too expect the triplets to be the same. I can't imagine that we would have any short children! lol
Here are their stats:
Cooper: Height: 32 inches & Weight: 25.25lbs
Greyson: Height: 32.25 inches & 24.81lbs
Bode: Height: 33 inches & 23.94lbs

No comments:
Post a Comment