Thursday, April 22, 2010

Three Weeks Old

Today marks the boys THREE WEEK "Birthday" and I just realized that I have not updated since their birth. It's been pretty busy around here and they haven't even been released from the hospital yet. Jason spends most of his days working on the house...trying to get finished up before the boys come home. I have been trying to pump as much as possible and making daily trips to Victoria to check on the boys and make my "milk delivery."

This has been a roller coaster of a ride. (As far as the day to day health.) We get daily updates on the boys...sometimes I call first and talk to a nurse or the Dr. calls me after making rounds. For the most part, the boys have overcome the lung issues. Bode has been off of oxygen for over a week and a half. The other two have been off and on. Right now, they are both getting a little extra help..maybe 22-23% (room air is 21%.) All boys are getting over 30ml feedings every 3 hours. This week they have started bottle feeds and I nursed Greyson on Tuesday. They have done awesome with the feedings. They have to learn to suck, swallow and breath all at the same time. They have pretty much mastered that...they just need to work at it a little more. It really poops them out; it's so much harder than just laying there and getting fed thru the tube. All three have hit the 4 pound mark and have graduated from the isolates to their own "cribs." They are holding a good body temp and all are getting to wear clothes now. Yay!

There is no firm date on when the boys come home but the Dr. says it's looking like another two weeks. That will put them at 35-36 weeks (gestation age) and that is about when she estimated originally that they may come home. It is hard to believe that they will be over a month old when I actually get to bring them home. But hey..whatever it takes to get them healthy!

Big Brother Peyton has not been too sure of the boys. He has only been able to look at them thru the windows and for the most part, they have been covered in wires, etc. This week though, Bode was being weighed and he was wire free so the nurse brought him right up to the window to give Peyton a better view. Bode was bright eyed and bushy-tailed at the time. You should have seen the grin on Peyton's face...PRICELESS! The next morning, he woke "Gran" saying, "I want to go see my Brothers." So cute!

I'm going to attach the most recent pictures. I couldn't get a good shot of Greyson without getting right up in his face (which caused him to look bug eyed) because he was in a different bed than they other two. I hope to get some better pictures now that they are in "cribs."

Thanks for all the wells wishes. Please continue to pray for their good health and improvement.

Cooper West


Greyson Reid



Bode Frank

No comments:

Followers