Jason couldn't go with me today to see Dr. Rowe so Mom went to help me remember all the info he had for me. Good thing he didn't go. We had to wait for over an hour to get back there. (Not sure I could have listened to Jason's moans of complaints for that long.) This guy only comes once a month so they run a pretty tight schedule...guess they got off a little bit. I really liked Dr. Rowe. Hes really friendly and easy going. Also VERY informative.
So my appointment started around 11:45ish (and hour and 15 minutes late) and within 10 minutes I thought I was going to lose my breakfast. I guess that's why the tech kept asking me if I was ok. Apparently it's normal. The room was warm, I was laying on my back (which cuts off circulation, etc) and she was pressing on my stomach. So she had me flip to my side. I had relief almost immediately. I was in there literally for an hour and 15 minutes. As neat as it was, I was ready to be done. She checked each boys everything...heart, kidneys, liver, bones, size, weight, brain...EVERYTHING!
So here is the run down...
*The Doctor was pretty shocked at how active they all are. They moved constantly, sometimes making it hard to tell who was who. (Especially the "twins.") As I type, I'm pretty sure there is some kind of boxing match going on in there. I can already see my belly move when they kick pretty good.
*Also shocked at their size. Baby C (single) is over a pound and the other two are approx 13 ounces each. I am around 20 weeks, 5 days and they are all measuring around 21 weeks, 3 days give or take. But duh...these boys are half Respondek half McCarrell. I don't think they have a chance of being small.
*Babies A and B are defiantly identical. He verified today that having ONE placenta between the two gives that away.
*My cervix looks great. They want it to measure between 3 and 4 1/2cm. I am at 4.1, so that is awesome. He will check again next month and see if there is any significant change. That will determine if I need to be on bed rest or not.
*I need to be getting LOTS of protein and like 3500 calories a day. So it's three Boost drinks a day and lots of meat, cheese, eggs, peanut butter etc. (6, small meals a day.) I am finding it harder and harder to eat just two meals. Ugh!
*He didn't say bed rest yet but he said I needed to be a couch potato. I am totally ok with that but it will be hard with all the house addition construction going on and Peyton desperately wanting to be outside with Daddy and the guys working. Hey...but whatever needs to be done to keep these guys healthy, I'm up to it!
I go back to my regular Dr next week for a check up and will see Dr. Rowe again on February 16th.
We have some names picked out...we are going to "chew" on them for a while...see if they stick before we tell.
They took over 150 pictures during the ultrasound and printed me 10 or so. Trip B was hard to catch..his shot is a cute pic of his foot. Most were duplicate profile shots, etc. so I'm just including one of each little guy. BTW: Identical boys are A & B and the single is C.


No comments:
Post a Comment