Monday, September 10, 2007

Peyton Ross McCarrells birth


My original due date was August 24th 2007. As the days flew by I wished he would come sooner because I was so excited to see him but I also wanted him to be fully developed and healthy. His father on the other hand asked me every day for two weeks if I was going to have him that day. Now...he probably wont admit it but he wanted me to "hold off" having him the weekend before my due date because he had a Law Enforcement fishing tourney to fish in. I found it pretty funny that he didn't catch a darn thing!

Anyway... leading up to the last few weeks, my Dr. did an ultrasound and found that Peyton was going to be a pretty big boy. Surprise surprise, I had been telling her that from day one. On August 20th, I had another ultrasound and appointment. She determined that Peyton was at least 9lbs 1oz and she wanted him out of there. My Dr. instructed us to be at Labor & Delivery at midnight. It was such a weird feeling...so weird to know that in just a few hours I would be a Mom. As we walked down the hallway, Jason turned to me and said "I'm nervous." I found it somewhat odd I guess because I was not nervous and he was. I guess I was just anxious because of the unknown.

So around 11:20 pm on Monday night, Jason, my Mom and I hit the road to Victoria. We settled into my room and ended up having to wait for and hour and a half before I was able to get started. (There were several emergencies that needed to be seen before me.) After hooking me up to all the fun machines and IV's, we all tried to get a little sleep. (Which was impossible.) Around 7am my Dr. came in and broke my water. Honestly, I lost all sense of time and all the events there after are pretty much a blur. I do know that sometime ofter my first epidural my blood pressure dropped and I had to had more meds and put on oxygen. Sometime later I began to feel pain and needed to have a new epidural. After a while that darn epidural slacked off and I was given some sort of narcotic and I really don't remember much until the Dr. came in around 4:30pm and said she wanted to do a c-section. Previous to entering the hospital, having a c-section was like my worst fear. I wanted to avoid it unless it was totally necessary. But what could I do? I just figured that my Dr. knew what was best for me and Peyton so I willingly went along with it. Maybe it was the drugs but I felt an overwhelming calm come over me as they wheeled me into the surgery room. I can't say that I enjoyed the c-section but it was a breeze! I was just nervous about Peyton. I waited to hear that first cry and finally he let one out! I know I asked Jason if he had hair and he said he did. I also remember Jason saying he just peed everywhere and that he had a cone head. lol Jason and Mom got to get their hands on him first while they finished up with me.

Peyton Ross McCarrell was born at 4:55 pm at Citizens Medical Center in Victoria, Texas. He weighed a whopping 9lbs 1oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. He was BEAUTIFUL!




No comments:

Followers